Wednesday, February 12, 2014

5 Moments That Make You Feel Like a New Yorker



Whether you've lived in NYC your whole life or you have been here for just a few years, here are 5 moments that will instantly make you feel like a New Yorker.


  1. Almost getting hit by a car: My moment occurred in Brooklyn. I had right of way, a pizza delivery car turned down the street and almost hit me. He was on his phone and had a Russian accent. I for the first time shamelessly swore at someone with every bad word I could think of while kicking his car...and it came naturally.
  2. Yelling out of a window for some reason: Maybe this is a Brooklyn thing, but when it's three in the morning and some idiot is standing outside your window and being loud for no reason, it's time to take matters into your own hands. Open the window and yell to your heart's content.
  3. Getting stuck in the doors of a train as they close: Everyone hates when this happens, but you're truly a New Yorker when you're the one it's happening to. I for one and am not waiting 15 more minutes for another D train to come.
  4. Eating an egg and cheese on a hard roll: Yours might also have bacon or sausage or both. But you got it on the corner deli (bodega) and it's probably accompanied by a coffee that has more sugar and cream in it than actual coffee.
  5. Seeing a person you wish you could date: There's always that moment whether it's after you've been out drinking with your friends all night or you're on your way home from Whole Foods, that you see the person who looks like "The One." And usually, that person is across the platform going in the opposite direction from you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

niiice

-Napoleon

Unknown said...

I've done all those things living just outside of NYC my whole life! Except my sandwich never has eggs on it, I go with sausage and cheese.