Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Ting Tings Are SO Underrated




When a band like The Ting Tings are coming on, you at least expect the opening act to be a little fun. This was not the case Tuesday night at Webster Hall in NYC. The coat check people were mean and the guy taking tickets warned us there was no re-entry and after seeing MNDR I know why.

The one woman show (who I found out via Wikipedia is actually part of a duo) is signed to Ultra which makes me question their generally great choice in picking dance music acts. She was a train wreck which is why I couldn't stop watching her or making fun of her. I tried to like her, but it just wasn't happening.

The Ting Tings are known for at least two songs which are "That's Not My Name" and "Shut Up & Let Me Go". I was so excited to see them live and I was not disappointed. I definitely think that they are an underrated band that should get more attention if for no other reason that they put on a fun show.

Their music is somewhat repetitive, but that's what makes it a lot of fun! They have the kind of music that makes people want to dance. To me, seeing a band that really gets people excited about just having fun is a great one!

No comments: